Amazingly, within days of each other, two HTML5/CSS3 starter kits come screaming down the Information Superhighway:
- First from Monkey Do! comes HTML5 Reset, with such hits as:
- HTML5 document structure
- About half a dozen IE-specific CSS files
- Comes in both a “Bare Bones” version (stripped down to the essentials) and a “Kitchen Sink” version (when we want the option to remove features)
- And more!
- And from Paul Irish and Divya Manian comes HTML5 Boilerplate, offering such greatness as:
- Cross-browser compatible (you would expect less?)
- HTML5 ready (or at least as close as you can get)
- “no-js” / “js” classes added
- Mobile browser optimizations
- And other great bonuses, read the entire list!
Both look interesting, though I personally haven’t done a flat HTML site in some time, would be nice to see at least one of these converted into a WordPress theme.
Hmm… sounds like a good summer project… :-)