It’s been quite some time, so let’s get right to it…
I know it’s not my birthday or anything, but if I had a cake with a few candles on it, I would wish for the same vacation (non-)policy that Netflix employees have…
The arrival of WordPress 3.0 (er, 3.0.3 now…) brought with it a lot of excitement. Here are a few items that I’ve come across:
- SitePoint recently published a book all about WordPress. They’re also offering a few sample chapters.
- Ever used a WP framework to start a new site? Here are five frameworks to help you get started.
- And speaking of frameworks, Thematic is a really great starting point, with several options.
- Academia is a framework created especially with academia in mind.
- One of the more exciting features of WP is the ability to expand it with plug-ins. Learn how to build your own!
- Adding custom fields is another fantastically flexible addition.
- And once you’re up and running, there are several plug-ins that probably ought to simply be incorporated into every WP installation. Here is a list of 25, to which I would add WP Optimize and WP DB Back-up.
- Finally, I would be grossly remiss in self-indulgent self-promotion if I did not mention my very first WP Theme, Boilerplate: Starkers, based solidly on Paul Irish and Divya Manian‘s HTML5 Boilerplate and Elliot Jay Stocks‘ Starkers theme.
As evil as the seven sins themselves, this Smashing Magazine article shows just how to get people moving in the direction you want…
Want unlimited 4G in your pocket, anywhere you go? Maybe not yet, but it could be coming soon!
I could fill a LOT of sleighs with stuff from Bless this Stuff… You listening, Santa??
And just in case he isn’t, you can now call him directly (or have your kids get a call from him)!
Easily THE BEST CSS gradient creator, damned nice job!
Need to conduct a little cross-browser testing, but don’t have all the browsers you need? How about using web-based versions?
A sweet HTML5 Periodic Table. Be sure to click the elements for a brief description.
An absolutely amazing collection of code snippets, far beyond just CSS tricks…
Anyone for a balloon ride into space?
Do you have some website that you just want to blow off the face of the Earth? Well, now you can…