For you designy-types out there, the Vintage Ad Browser is pretty fun to scroll through. The About page claims they are all real ads from days gone by, so, I guess they are…
Also quite entertaining is the Cover Browser… Come on, gang, get your comic-geek on!
Reading an article from the last-ever issue of Fortune Small Business magazine (now absorbed into CNNMoney.com Small Business), which, ironically, included their last annual Next Little Thing article, I was fascinated by the following technologies:
- Wireless Electricity (absolute mind-fry)
- Flat, clear, plastic speakers (think: “my television screen is my speakers!”)
- Thought-recognition headphones (well, sort of, but close!)
- Less-Expensive Cancer Screening (the actual title says “Cheaper”, but that just makes it sound, well, cheap…)
- And from the “somebody should have thought of this a long time ago” category: using brewery waste for fish food! (lucky fish…)
A couple new ways of doing something you probably do everyday:
- FireShot – A free FF add-on for doing screengrabs, editing & annotating them, and saving them. It’s pretty slick!
- activeCollab – Online collaboration tool. It might be a little pricey, but it is pretty feature-rich.
Anyone doing robust WordPress work might enjoy this collection of WP posts.
And anyone interested in experimenting with some of the new CSS3 Transforms, westciv comes through with yet another amazing tool.